17 March 2013

Why am I here?



...Several reasons but particularly because of...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-19357969



Gent on the right is a work colleague.  This visit has gone into the local folklore.  When I mentioned the reason for my visit to the guide for a group of Spanish visitors he replied "I was telling them about it on the bus".

Anyway the weather was better for my visit:


Looking good but still I have packed a satellite beacon, two phones and 2 SIMs, emergency shelter and a sleeping bag - enough to survive a night out with a twisted ankle etc.

I have seen no other cars - in fact no other people since I left Portree
It looks formidable

But I needn't have have worried - because the Sky tourist season has begun and there were several coach loads of (mostly young, mostly Spanish) tourists



It was still a bit of scramble - I am not sure I have found the best way

Did they really get table and all up here,  I was told to look for a cleft in the rocks...

Aha!


The Table... all explained at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiraing




No comments: