24 June 2012

A special birthday present


A 50th Birthday present from the Anderssons


I chose Shobdon Airfield - as this whole area of Herefordshire I know well, have run up most of the hills and worked close by for 4 years


RFTM - waiting for the engineering checks - note the test equipment "1965 or later United States Quarter-Dollar Coin"

Were away - its a bit windy and I am not going to get my hands on the controls until we are a lot higher up

Titterstone Clee Hill

Heading for the Kraftbury factory at Marlbrook

There is is - I worked here from 1986 to 1990

Its a Sunday - so only the operating shift in - and there is that new evaporator - the model it is replacing is my age.

Up the A49 - the Leominster Bypass was not there when I started work

Clent Hills on the horizon - better weather than Thursday

Bircher Common - a lovely place to live (if you can afford in) - I spend evenings mapping here in 1989/90

Nearly done - there is Shobdon Airfield

Straight lines - public right of way, curved lines - big boom on the crop sprayer

To stop the rotors - pull the brake handle
Don't even attempt to fly passenger one of these if you weigh more than 16 stone/100kg/220lb

The flight was with Tiger Helicopters

No comments: