20 June 2012

A little ambulatory therapy

or "I can't believe we are so close to Birmingham"

After several days of rain - the sun came out - and the meadows were looking stunning

Hazel coppice in Coalpit Coppice

No idea what this is - there was a lot of it about

Looking South West toward Pershore from Line Hill

I was wrong - this is Ragged Robin - it was getting windy and dark by now so I decided to make the motion blur an artistic feature

What is this vine - neither Black nor White Bryony.  Nor is it that unidentified vine from Kingley Vale.  If it is a grape then it is a pretty funny one.  I think it is a Hop

After two false starts (The Bell - Ladies Night and The Manchester Inn - rundown and not inviting) we came across the Swallows Nest in Romsley - it is part of a chain but the (overworked) staff were excellent and so was the food.  Above is my tomato soup.

The place was heaving - being the first decent warm and sunny evening for weeks (and it did not last) so I had to wait a bit for my poke belly, black pudding, apple ring and mustard mash - really very good indeed

Here is our route.  Chaddesley Wood has limited access - several parts are closed to all visitors - but it is still well worth a visit.  Dodford - diffuse village on the lower right of the map was a Chartist Settlement.

No comments: