30 May 2012

A short visit to Planet Vulcan


All is not good in Burostadt, Niederrad - there are a lot of unoccupied properties, some derelict.  If the Greeks are relying solely on Germany - perhaps it is time to get really worried

And the new-old enemy are there in strength

View from my hotel room, toward the financial/business district of Frankfurt - which seems to be burning down
NH Hotel Frankfurt Niederrad is on the crossroads (lower right) - just down wind of the BIG sewage works.  The sedimentation ponds look like Ram chips and the aeration tanks like drinking chocolate - bit of a smell tho'.
 I went for a run - along the river I hoped - but it is pretty much fenced in and private - after some km I found an island park...

With a landing craft/barge done up as a bar - Lilu


Eventually - a nice piece of duck with polenta and cabbage in cream sauce.  There were some service issues in the restaurant - all sorted - Eventually
And here is Vulcan High Command - VDMA (Verband Deutscher Maschinen und Anlagenbau e.V) - a standards institute where I have come to talk standards for mix-proof sanitary valves.
Needless to say, everything in this still spotless 1960's building functions perfectly in quiet efficiency

My meeting ended - as per the agenda - at exactly 16:00 - and with my flight at 22:10 I decided to walk the 5km to Frankfurt Airport - well it was a sunny day (to be continued in a following posting)

No comments: