04 March 2012

Return to Liphook

"Broomwick" - ca 1968 - that is 3575 PG on the drive
Note we only have B&W TV - some folks put up Colour aerials but we knew they did not have TV.  We hung on to B&W until well into the '70s - but my Dad is colour blind - so he never saw the point in upgrading.
And again - 2012
Behind you can see a house in Hazelbank Close - boy has this gone DOWNHILL since we moved out...

This is where we used to play - but the cut-through to our house is blocked off

Here is "The Jungle"
A patch of wild land next to the main London-Portsmouth railway line: Peacock Butterflies and sloe bushes and lots of places to play and hide.  Shame they build houses and garages - I hope they find the trains very noisy and disturbing indeed.

Behind me is the house where I first saw Dr Who - we were not allowed to watch it but peering in through the living room window I glimpsed "Silurians" - which was broadcast  31 January to 14 March 1970 - which sort of makes sense - though I also remember the Troughton-Pertwee handover (3rd January) - but perhaps this is from some later documentary or something

Found my old school as well - used to be called "The Avenue"
Everything in Liphook looks so much smaller and cramped - partly it is the south-east - which is very crowded, partly the residential roads were not design for so many parked cars (typically 2 per house) and I am much bigger.

No comments: