19 March 2012

A little bit windy



Tiree is dominated by the wind - at breakfast the cook worried me with stories about ferry cancellations and delayed travelers being given lowest priority on following sailings ("We had to park our car in the line and then leave it there for two days").  It was touch and go whether my ferry would come tomorrow



There was a lull in the wind so I took the opportunity to stand up and take a video - and then the wind came back
Dun Mor broch - on an exposed knoll with clear views out to see.  The experts cannot agree what these were for - dwellings or defence?



Down on the beach - to began to rain - so I looked for somewhere to shelter...

Looks like an otter had the same idea - this is the closest I got to a sighting.
Big bang and a couple of hundred Barnacle Geese in the air - local information is that it could be hunting or just a propane bird scarer



Traigh Mohr - a mob of crows seemed to having a good time - but I have had enough

Too wet and windy to stay outside



Things look to be a bit calmer tomorrow - down from 60+ to 40+ knots (65knots is 120kph)


Witches Knickers

Balephetrish bay

Lots of seals - popular with visitors but when they come this close in it means "bad weather"

I can see you!

Many of the old cottages have been renovated - some as holiday homes

Note - the thatch is held down by big beach cobbles

The 'busy' harbour at Scarinish - there is currently only one hotel on the island - and it has the only restaurant.  I did not like the look and it was a bit of a drive from my comfy, cosy and warm B&B - so it was canned mince and baked beans for dinner.

To avoid loss - strap your Fish & Chip van to a MetroCab.  Sadly not frying tonight.

No comments: