26 July 2011

A night and a day in Jersey

Its clear over Jersey

What are these? Crates of tomatoes?


Strange - I struggle to remember arriving at the airport nor the bus journey into Saint Helier.  I must have spoken to people on the bus because I took their recommendation to eat at the Pomme D'Or Hotel   - (not disappointed, correct price for what it was and friendly 'exotic' staff - it is clear that I am no longer in the EU) before walking to my hotel...
The Almorah Hotel - on the left

My review gets voted "Most helpful"


I really prefer Booking.Com to Tripadvisor for reviews - you can only post a review if you made your reservation through the Booking.Com service.  The reviews also seem to be more realistic and fewer rants from confused Americans who failed to realise that UK power sockets have user operable ON/OFF switch

After my amazing breakfast it was a brisk walk to the tennis club - turns out the wrong tennis club and then an even brisker walk back down the hill to the right tennis club to see Tom Hands win his match.  Tom and Father did not know I was coincidently in Jersey - ha ha ha!  Anyway - afterwards to the family chalet...

Very nice - especially inside and so it should be for the price

There followed an afternoon on the beach (St Brelade's Bay) - most unusual for me - and a trip around the west end of the island - I definitely prefer Guernsey.  The chalet park is about 100m from the airfield - where the planes turn for taxiing - so I was on time for my flight but sadly Flybe were not.



Atlantic Airlines - still going strong - I see these planes all over the place - the one on the right is at least 50 years old (Lockheed Electra)
 
I can't complain as it was an engineering issue - but they did a very poor job indeed of keeping us informed, ditto Jersey Airport.  In the end I picked up the "gate agents only phone" and dialed the special Flybe number - surprised to be talking to a passenger but I got the result

Take Off - almost the last plane out before the airport closed for the night

And landing at BHX






No comments: