16 July 2011

Grimes Graves - Great


Grimes Graves has been on my list for a long time - and I was not disappointed.
Its a neolithic flint mine - a huge area pockmarked with back-filled and collapsed mine shafts - and a pretty unique flora and fauna. It's a rainy Saturday in July - and for the hour I was there - I was the only visitor. You get a short walk around the visitor centre and then down a ladder to crawl around a mine. If they would let us orienteer there it would be spectacular:

Copyright: English Heritage



I ought to know this one... it is a type of thistle
A Mullein - specifically Dark Mullein I think - no white hairs on the leaves.




I found another blog - and they, independently chose - the same snail, the same "Escher" raindrop effect and the pink and yellow flowers - strange

"Let's Off-road" - just - it is the official car parking spot.

No comments: