12 May 2011

Things are getting a bit tense...

I knew there were still 'historical issues' between the UK and Ireland - but it is a shock to realise just how close to the surface they are - as the Queen's visit gets closer some of 'English' are having trouble knowing just how to handle some of the statements and attitudes.  Dignified and quiet embarrassment perhaps - I know the English have a lot to answer for but continual references to and reworking of old injustices is not very grown up.

Folks tell me that they worry about violence - or rather the amazing levels the Garda will go to head off any unpleasantness - which would make traveling into Dublin not worth the hassle.  And of course, next comes O'bama...

Lenticular clouds over the Clwydian Hills - downwind from the Carneddau


The grand side of the Grand
We never had this in Chester
Amazingly this recipe suggests that Chester cake is "...is a good way of using up stale cake." - cake recycling - that is a new one on me - I have never known cake to go stale in any place where I have been living

No comments: