06 May 2011

Adventures in cooling tunnels (aka another trip to Dublin)

Mostly this week I have been crawling around in chocolate cooling tunnels trying to work out where all the cold air is going but on Tuesday I waved out of the window in the general direction of royalty...

 This was Tuesday after "the wedding", the arrow marks where Wills and Kate should be, providing Flt Lt Wales reported for duty as, err..., reported.

 Once more in the Grand Hotel, Malahide - which is no longer really that grand in the intended meaning of the word - it is rather big and has a good gym and pool and there are excellent runs along the beach and around Malahide Castle Demesne.
Not too happy with the hotel itself, I have been spoiled during my time in Poland,  but it is the "list" hotel for Kraft/Cadbury and going somewhere else would require a separate taxi ride just for me.

After issues on my two previous visits to the hotel restaurant and with room service being given an hour and a half and still then being 45 minutes late I am not eating there again.  On Tuesday we disagreed over exactly what the strange smell arising from Potatoes Gratinee was down to (I can't write it here for fear of legal action) so off again to the Seabank Bistro - this time for John Dory and to confuse the manager's girlfriend with my rather dodgy Polish pronunciation.

John Dory with a rather excellent parsnip mush and bits of red pepper


With a starter, glass of wine and Crème Brûlée + Whiskey - €62 in total - so Thursday's meal was "Chicken and Tikka" sandwiches (€3) from EuroSpar (manager from Gdansk) followed by a cup of tea made in my hotel room.



I spot the pattern here - its dead (except for Sir Tim) heroes of communication - but why Tara?   Was there a famous Mr Tara dabbler in electromagnetics? Was Tara Hill the site of an early radio station?  Google does not give answers except the "Tri-State Amateur Radio Association"

No comments: