25 February 2012

Beware of Sheep


In the late 1980's I commuted daily between Birmingham and Leominster - often along the A44.  One sunny evening in 1988 I made a quick recce of Bringsty Common (and its pub) - yes it is up to hosting an orienteering event we just need to find someone to map it...

I did not think it would be 24 years before we held our first event there...

First outing for the HOC Hi-Vis Tabards
"Beware of sheep" and "please take you litter home" - are these two linked? I know that the Cluns can be naughty boys but, frankly, how much damage can one sheep do?

Bringsty Common - we quickly learned - avoid the bracken
Aha - I won!  Sadly of 23 starters only 5 were under 40 years old - and the winner was 50.  Does not bode well for the future of orienteering.


EVO - the reborn "Live and Let Live" - excellent.  This is where Robert's father spent time on fire watching duty in WWII - the pub being more welcoming than the open hillside behind
Now that is what I call REAL CHIPS

It has been a butchers for over 50 years and I have driven past 200 times - but this was the first time I noticed it - currently the 5 star Knightwick butchers


,,,,

No comments: