13 October 2011

Expressway all across the island

Castiglione di Sicilia - looking brilliant in the (very) early morning sun

Remains of a castle - like those on the Welsh Border at Clun and Kington etc. - controlling passage through the valley
Add caption
Car still fine - not tickets - I was worried but need not have - I was so tired when I parked up - on the go from 07:00 to 21:00 - including climbing Etna, driving for 8 hours and "the confluence from hell"

My Garmin would have had me head for the coast over twisty roads and a major mountain range - not keen on this, having driven part of the route the night before and with a plane to catch - I asked advice - and was told to drive back for Fiume Freddo and catch the autostrada - good advice - was about 2 hours quicker than the sat nav route/
There is Etna, still puffing away
Hertz were more together for the dropping off - but still the return compound was unmanned





Palermo Airport - It is Italy - of course the catering is good

Bye bye

Still puffing away
Somewhere over the Alps

The sinking feeling - you fly over Heathrow, turn and the keep on turning - I think we were stacked for 5 revolutions - surely it is better to kep us on the ground until there is space...

No comments: