21 October 2011

A Certified Sanitarian?

.
Kraft Foods research centre in Munich.
I'm here to learn about Sanitation (its American for Cleaning stuff and things) and Sanitary Design (which is American for Hygienic Design) and to take the first step on the path to becoming a Certified Sanitarian (which is not the next stop on from Scientology nor anything to do with Dr Who - that is Sontaran).  Its a shame that in English-English sanitation and sanitary are forever associated with "poo", sewers and ladies' essentials.

An impressive building
For the record it was cheaper to get from Birmingham to Munich via Dublin - convenient for me as I needed to go to Coolock to crawl around in some equipment.  In fact is was cheaper to get from Dublin to Munich than from Birmingham to Dublin.



. We all stayed in the Hilton Munich City - to where I was whisked direct from MUC - on time and in comfort - so very efficient.  The hotel is parked right on top of the U-bahn station.  Strangely everyone is a foreigner - for my first evening in Munich - I heard no German at all.

No comments: