28 September 2011

Evicted by Norwegian Ambulance Chasers

There is a big conference on at The Grand...

...a bunch of folks who cheer when a ship goes down - hence the unfortunate logo

not content with evicting me from The Grand, the Nog-wegian element at the conference block booked my favourite restaurant.  So I had to be in and out in under 45 minutes...

That's scallops to start - sublime
and 'Alibut to follow (waiter is from Toulouse)
So tonight I am in the Hilton close to the airport - not bad and the staff are great - Lenka is amazed that not only can I correctly name the capital of Slovakia as Bratislava but I have been there and know that Czechoslovakia no longer exists AND I can order my breakfast in Slovak...

jedno vajce
jedna čierna
jeden biely
jeden hash hnedá
pečené fazuľa

No comments: