18 September 2011

Cousin Chris is 60

A busy day starts with the West Midland Relays at Pelsall
A good chase round - great fun and investigating bumble-bees with Alex, Sebastian and Arthur afterwards

Sadly all too common a sight now

Not enough time to make it worth going home for a shower - so off the "Wall"

There is an excellent self-guided walk around the village and surrounds - recommended - leaflet at carpak
I think the walk was a better experience than the ruins
Just a light tea for me (regretting that Big Mac on the way up)
We agreed to meet at 16:30 - as I turned off the M1 at Chesterfield junction - there was my old 93 in the rear view mirror.  We ate at the Elm Tree Inn - superior food and a nice walk through the village.  I seem to remember having savoury pancakes and a latte


And here we are in Rotherham
We were in a hotel on the north side of town - I asked lots of folks about the town centre and all the work that seemed to be going on - "oh, we never go into Rotherham" -  pretty much all the same answer from the staff as well - I consider myself warned - certainly from the car window it was clear there were a lot of very large folks in Rotherham

Interesting idea for a Birthday Cake

That's my Uncle Don

My old SAAB - a drive way home for Joce and Erik

No comments: