01 September 2011

Digital? Moi? Non!



A friend of a friend writes...

Dear Comcast, Verizon, and DirectTV. It might not be today, but someday your monthly screwing of me WILL end.

Well for me TV watching ends on 21st September...


...when the analogue signal is switched off for good.

It dawned on me that, except for BBC Breakfast, my TV has not been turned on since Noah and Stacey played "Dig Dug" and "Galaxian" on my console - and that was in May.

As Chris and Sian will not be moving to Manchester when the BBC decamp north - and Carol is also not confirmed and Bill alone is not a big enough draw, I won't be watching in the mornings anymore.

This year I have only wanted to watch three programmes: Dr Who, Top Gear and Strictly - and they call come, in HD, via IPlayer - and on demand as well - so the analogue TV is going in the box room and come 21st September I will be going 'Cold TV Dinner Turkey'.

 

No comments: