20 April 2011

A tough day in the office/on the beach

After a long day in the office mucking around with chocolate...


an hour in the gym and then a run along the promenade at Malahide...


Its a spring tide (again) - so another run out to the sea and back - its about a 1.5km - and the tide is 4m - so I ought to be able to beat the sea back in case I have the timing wrong.

The sea is out there somewhere
A little of bit of water "came in behind me"
No real challenge though as I checked it all out with a fisherman - if he was safe in thigh waders then I should be fast enough in my Inov-8's

On the way back to to the hotel there was a wonderful smell of fish - the "Seabank Bistro" -



I booked a table, had a rapid shower and was back in 20 minutes - starting with Seafood Chowder (wonderful with properly cooked veggies) and then Sea Bream with fennel and lemon balm sauce and "champ" as a side (even better - a really very nice fish and my camera phone with its oh-so-clever but pretty limited extended focus lens does not do it justice)


starter and mains + a glass of wine - €50 - just the wine was €11 - how do the Irish afford this?

No comments: