08 April 2011

Got my baby back...

From Penkridge station it was either an hours wait and then 15 minutes on Bus 880 or a walk across country of 10km - on a day like this - no contest

The Penk

A week ago I was in Scotland, freezing cold, blowing a gale and spring was weeks away - no so in Shropshire.


I am an the right track for Wheaton Aston

Here lives a radio amateur - funny I would not have spotted that a year or two back
Half way

I came across a tribe of bargees - like a waterborne version of the refugees in Mad Max.  Elderly gentlemen who's chins had not seen a razor this side of the millenium, smoking pipes, tinkering with engines and fettling paintwork and accompanied assorted staffordshire and lurcher type dogs (friendly), wind turbines and pot herbs on the barge roofs...

There seems to have been some serous hybridisation here - the nearer duck was male-mallard patterned but had an overall washed out-light tan colour cast.  His girlfriend is certainly not a wild mallard - again with an overall light tan colour  but the beak is all wrong.

There's my baby - outside Turner's Garage




No comments: