18 December 2011

Of Bread and Ferrets and Friendly Cows

Its the HOC Club Champs at Hartlebury Common

A surprisingly good position for me - down to local knowledge and thoughtful route selection


The common is now home to a herd of calm and very friendly (at least to other) cows
We had our post race celebrations at Wilden church hall - hiding behind the bins was...


An unexpected visitor to our post race feast - while various scaredy men pull their trouser legs up  - I go looking for suitable food to entice our guest back outside

Mr Ferret is not interested in Quiche*
In the end Uncle Robert produced a pair of gardening gloves and using these I lifted the calm ferret into a Sainsbury coolbag and took him outside.  Obviously a nice dark and reassuring hiding place as my gentle attempts to extricate ferret were met with raised hackles, arched back and threatening noises - so it was an undignified up-ending and a good shake for bag and a rapid retreat for me.

*Must be a "real man" as in "real men don't eat quiche, neither do they orienteer" (according to Mr Feirstein)



As usual I won the bread - but it was a nail biting wait - I bought at least 1/6th of the tickets but none drawn in the first 15

No comments: