16 November 2011

Cold Blooded Lizard?

I brought the IR camera back from Dublin to the Bournville Office - which meant I had it overnight at home (this is the £15,000 pound model we have to get permission to take out of the EU and had to sign we would not transfer it to Iran, Cuba, Libya or North Korea)...

Kingfisher Way - my house is on the right
I now have confirmation as to why my heating bills are so low (£8 a month for gas on average) and why I have not yet needed to put my heating on more than twice this autumn; My neighbours live at sauna temperatures...
Party Wall - Living Room - TV and internal wall (left) are at "Room Temperature"
Party wall - Bedroom - lamp and internal wall on right - at room temperature
Non-party wall - this is North facing
 It seems that I am stealing heat from my neighbours - I am quite comfortable at 17 deg C - as long as I am wearing a good sweater and even in bare feet:

Ankle to Toe Thermal Profile
Perhaps if I fitted a heat pump to the wall as well... (they might get suspicious what with the unexplained patch of condensation/ice)

Heating on - +10 minutes

Heating on - +15 minutes
Plus 20 minutes
 ...too hot...



No comments: