16 November 2011

...and thats your lot Dublin

All clear over Snowdonia
I can pretty much name all these peaks - not sure about correct pronunciation tho.  I can also do all the numbers stenciled on Airbus A320 Port Engine supports - having stared at these 16 times this year.  Going back you want to be in Row 28 - 29 does not recline but from 28 you can be out and down the back stairs quickly and get pole position in the second bus - which becomes the first bus by the time you get to the security barrier - and if you are quick you get to be in the first group of 4 past the CCTV camera and out to freedom.


This trip was to look at a cooling tunnel - we were making Irish CDM Wholenut - scrummy!

That's a €12 prawn* cocktail that is!

*Much nicer than the one at the Clontarf last week (I believe the chef dines at Seabank) - not least because there was A LOT of lobster in my cocktail - yummy - I suspect that this might have been last week's gate guardian having reached his "boil and eat by" date.

Dover Sole Roulade - with crab meat and other nice stuff
Last time this was on the menu - they ran out of Dover Sole and I had the remaining portion as a starter.

A light Xmas pudding with custard and a dessert wine*

*It was from Bordeaux, not one of the usual suspects - but I can't remember exactly what.  As I was finishing up some very welcome guests arrived - got hugs and all - the lady and gentleman own the best penthouse apartment in Malahide...

THE (!) penthouse in Malahide
as well as hotels in Jamaica (birthday party at Ian Flemings house), and further properties in Dallas and other places around the world I cannot remember - the Gentleman is a retired airline CEO.  They regularly book the restaurant for parties - now I know why they get a hug and I just get a hearty greeting!
Newly decorated Seabank Bistro. Malahide

As this was my final (for now) trip to Dublin I wrote up a restaurant review on Tripadvisor...

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g211873-d2309796-Reviews-Seabank_Bistro-Malahide_County_Dublin.html

No comments: