19 January 2013

(Snow) parkrunner of the month..

They awarded me (Cannon Hill) parkrunner of the month - for my solo effort last week I think...

I get a free pair of shoes from "The Sweatshop" - where my first orienteering suit and shoes came from back in ~1976.  That was in the days when Nokia did rubber boots and orienteering shoes.



I think I got the award because I was the only runner to record a time last week (the parkrun was abandoned because of ice - but I ran the course in my dobb spikes - recording a personal worst of 23:55
Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner?
It's a poem, short story and film and song (warning - Iron Maiden)



There were lots folks the week before - when it was just snow on the ground:




This is the Cannon Hill parkrun main organiser - having a run for a change.
All photos are copyright: Ed Barlow - EdBarlow888 on Flickr

Update:

Here are my new Adidas shoes - courtesy of The SweatShop

Back in the 1970's the Sweatshop was run by Chris Brasher - and, for orienteering, there were agents around the country selling out of vans and front rooms - my first purchase from Malcom McIver (DEE/NWOA) would have been an orienteering suit and then probably some shoes - that was in the days when Nokia made rubber boots and orienteering gear




No comments: