09 July 2010

And so to town in search of movies (and steps)

Being at home is not helping my steps (www.gettheworldmoving.com) so I ran a delayed June Jaunter this morning (6 seconds slower than last year) and walked into town and back..


Is this really Birmingham?


(it is only 55 minutes to the Mailbox) with the object of spending the remaining part of my 25 year gift from Uncle Cadbury before the card expiry date...

armed with several "100 best movies" lists I hit HMV and came away with a big stack of DVDs - sales guy remarked with approval on my Coen Brothers selection plus Dark Knight, Taxi Driver, LA Confidential, Godfather (1,2 but not 3) and Citizen Kane but I sort of ruined it with the last disc in the stack...




Is a good thing I already have a copy of "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle ("Theese eees hostel yah?!!)" safely at home.  Note also the difference in PRICE - it is astounding however to be able to wander into a shop at random and pick up, on demand, with no warning, a copy of  the best movie ever made.  I will let you decide which one is which.

No comments: