23 March 2010

Petra - by night

I guess that there is a "all lit up" night visit to Petra on some company's itinerary - I did not mean to visit after dark - just that it took a very long time to walk back from the view point... (there are many competing "views" - each with increasingly desperate signs and accompanying little shop - click on the picture)

To the side the view was pretty good - but over the Jordan Valley - nope...



The very long walk back (no donkeys after twilight) did mean I had the whole place pretty much to myself - except for the Treasury Tea Shop Man and a nervous lady tourist who was waiting for someone with a flashlight to lead the way out  (me!).  During the day it gets very busy indeed



(Above, 3 seconds at F4!)

That is the moon over the "Treasury"
 The next morning

No comments: