05 April 2009


back again - Mr Moss added another peak in the Carneddau - its not a Nuttall by about 1 metre - it is that tiny little knoll on the ridge in the centre of the photo - called Clogwyn Llech Lefn (SH709627). I find it hard to believe that is was 4 years since I was last here...
Blog entry - May 2005

This time no buzzing from buzzards - displaying (male) and fleeing (pair) red grouse, a peregrine and a pair of (probably) snipe.



View back the other way - can't quite see the car



On the very steep slope down from Bwlch Y Tri Marchog
(Pass of the Three Knights/Horsemen/Riders)
A lovely sheltered spot out if the cold wind -
time for a Chomp and a good look the view - happy days!



It was a bit of a steep descent
- my GPS said >100% for much of the way (I guess that is 1 in 1)

Earlier that morning I climbed Drum -
and in the summit cairn / shelter was a single stalk of broccoli
still shrink wrapped and looking supermarket fresh.
It seems to have been carefully placed
My camera was all fogged up so the picture is unconvincing.
I have a strong feeling that I have seen something exactly like this before -
only I can't remember which other mountain it was on.

Is it some form of perverse vegetable challenge?
A keeping test? A joke? Who knows?
Certainly it must take more calories than a given mass of
broccoli is worth to lug it 750 metres up a mountain.

No comments: